• To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
• Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
• Commercial credit for business purposes;
• Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
• To support a guarantor application, you will provide.
• Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
• Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us in the preliminary assessment of your consumer credit or guarantor application;
• Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain;
• Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf; and
• Collect your credit information (before, during or after the provision of credit to you or the company).
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as an agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, from one or more CRBs.
• That the CRB may disclose information about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness;
• How you can obtain the credit provider’s and CRB’s policies about managing your credit information;
• Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws;
• Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider; and
• Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
A credit provider who approves your application will provide you with its privacy disclosure statement and consent document.
You have the right to ask:
• Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you;
• Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect;
• The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening; and
• The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you.
In some cases, an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
You can contact the CRB by mail addressed to Equifax – Customer Resolutions, Level 7, 10 Queens Road, Melbourne Vic 3004 or email at custom[email protected].
After receiving a written response from Equifax you may choose to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) if the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction. Contact details can be found at oaic.gov.au.
• Seek, obtain, use and exchange your persona and credit information:Use your personal and credit information:
• To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director;
• To source any finances you require;
• To source any insurances you require; and
• As the law authorises or requires;
• Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
• Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
• Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to an appropriate credit provider so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor;
• Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
• Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
• Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director. You also agree and consent to, as appropriate;
• A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to a credit provider considering your consumer or commercial credit or guarantor application, and/or assessment a credit application by a company of which you are a director;
• When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor;
• A credit provider disclosing your credit information to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor;
• A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, to your agent, such as your broker or to a servicer, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
Classic Funding Group: classicfg.com.au
Group & General Finance: groupandgeneral.com
Liberty Financial: liberty.com.au
Macquarie Leasing: macquarie.com.au
Metro Finance: metrofin.com.au
Pepper Asset Finance: peppergroup.com.au
Rate Setter: ratesetter.com.au
Volkswagen Financial Services: vwfs.com.au