Salary Saver is a three-way salary sacrifice agreement between employer- financier-employee, our NEXT salary packaging provides great benefits to all parties.
Salary Saver is designed to make it easy for employees and gives you access to the most cost-effective way to buy, finance, and manage your vehicle as well as taking advantage of substantial tax benefits that will increase your take-home pay.
Setting up Salary Saver is much easier than you think and combined with our FREE advisory and buying service for your car, we make the entire buying and financing process EASY.
When you finance a car with Salary Saver, there are also savings for your employer, our Salary Saver experts can show your employer how EASY it is.
• Each pay cycle your employer’s payroll department deducts a nominated portion of your salary before tax is applied. We arrange direct debit consent from your employer to credit us on 5th of each month.
• We allocate these funds to pay for your chosen benefits (e.g., finance lease, fuel payment, insurance premium, registration renewal, etc.)
• Once all costs are covered we retain any balance surplus in your fund account as a budget fund to cater for additional expenses.
• The good news is that you won’t pay tax on the amount deducted as the payments are made pre-tax and you will be taxed on a lower amount.
• Your post-tax salary is then deposited into your bank account as usual.
• Effectively you are paying less tax on your gross pay; your disposable income is increased. You will take home more at each pay cycle.
• Yes, that’s correct, we will pay all your bills for you!
It is ok to change jobs during the lease term as your lease can be transferred to the new employer; there are also other options available to you, such as:
• Pay-out the total owing and buy the vehicle outright.
• Continue to pay the lease and all running cost yourself.
• Transfer the contract to your new employer (subject to your new employer’s acceptance and approval)
• Refinance with another finance option.
IF YOU HAVE SPENT MORE THEN BUDGETED…
• We will contact you to discuss an adjustment on your regular payments.
• You will have access to your online salary saver account; contact us immediately if you notice your budget is being overspent.
IF YOU HAVE SPENT LESS THEN BUDGETED…
• Account reconciliation will happen 60 days before the end of your lease term.
• If there are surplus fund in your account, we will send the funds to your employer. Your employer will then deduct income tax and pass the remaining balance back to you.
A) A better deal on the purchase price of your car.
Our buying power means YOU get a competitive price on a new car as well as a fleet discount for salary packaging. Our dealerships offer the best purchase price and we pass on the entire eligible fleet discount to you. We sell a large number of vehicles from our dealerships across all brands and you receive the benefit of our buying power.
B) Great Tax Savings
Finance a new car through Salary Saver, and you don’t pay GST on the purchase price giving you a 10% instant upfront saving. Your monthly lease repayments are made from your salary before tax, this immediately reduces your taxable income and increases your take-home pay.
We act as an administrator for your lease including sourcing of new tyres, organising your servicing, paying your finance payments on time, and maintaining the running cost of the car, which of course saves you time and hassle.
D) Budget your costs
We help you establish your monthly expenses and set up a budget for you to cover the cost of vehicle registration, annual insurance renewals and scheduled vehicle servicing, all deducted from your salary pre-tax.
E) Employee Choice
You can choose any make and model vehicle, select new or used or even salary package your existing car. You can choose the salary saver package you wish to have and how much we manage for you.
Yes, you will if you request one.
Advantages of a fuel card include:
– You can fuel up at any fuel stations.
– You will have access 24/7 to your fuel account online.
– You can use your fuel card to pay for servicing when your vehicle is due for service.
– Your Running Cost is budgeted which will improve your company cash flow.
– Flexible options to restrict and control usage for employees.
– Peace of mind with pin access security.
– Fully itemized statements with separate GST & Non-GST items.
– ATO- approved monthly reports.
– Say “No More” to receipts.
– System recorded odometer readings, no more Logbooks.
– Save time and money.
– Partner benefits and Fleet discounts.
– Save on running costs, e.g. fuel.
Simply fill in a reimbursement form and provide your receipts, we will reimburse you on the 15th of the following month. Should the 15th falls on a weekend, allow three days for funds to reach your account.
When you click to download the UnitedCard Form I believe that the PDF should open in a new window.